Whoooooooo hooooooo! Spring has sprung!It's May! I am in Old Greenwich and Alex is returning from Costa Rica this Wednesday! Yeaaaaaa! The belly has grown to quiet surprising proportions... Sol is healthy and EXTREMELY active in utero. Well, he is mellow much of the time- but when he gets his "move" on... this baby is doing some serious acrobatics in my belly. Very entertaining, intriguing and sometimes just plain strange... but all in all... really FUN to feel! For those of you who haven't heard... the baby is a boy and we have decided to name him Sol. As in the bright brilliant light that warms our skin and starts our days... Sol McGregor Obregon. My doctor seems to think that he will be making an early arrival due to my size... we shall see. And actually, I am switching over from my OB/GYN to a midwife practice. It's much more in keeping with our philosophy and I truly feel that both Sol and I will benefit from a more natural birthing experience.... so, I am excited about that!
As you may know, one thing that is not so happy right now is the state of our home away from home in Futaleufú. The Chaiten volcano continues to erupt and the ash fall is greatly affecting the area. Evacuations continue... of people and animals. We are very concerned for our friends, but from all reports - everyone is OK. Just dealing with a really unfortunate situation. So, that is sad. The government has done a great job so far and there are a number of relief funds that are being created. Photos, videos and news can be found online by googling "Futaleufu, volcano".
We are slowly, but surely preparing for the baby's arrival. I, obviously, am really looking forward to the day. Not only to meet this new person and enjoy a unique and intense experience with Alex, but - to be completely honest - to get my body back. To sleep on my stomach! To WALK. Wow... I had no idea how much it affects the day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute...of course, it WOULD... but wow. I feel like I will be able to do SO much MORE once the baby is here because I will be able to move around so much more easily. I know everyone says you don't have TIME once the baby is here, but at least I will have MOBILITY. I am a waddling, slow moving person right now and it has taken some getting used to. NO complaints... but seriously... it's different.
Jessica took some "Sol's in the Belly" photos of me the other day - here is one of my faves! Que grande, right? I know! I hope this finds you well wherever you are... you can find us here in OG for the next 8 weeks or so. Sol should be making his grand entrance in 4-8 weeks... how crazy!!
Lots o love,
Liz
1 comment:
Go Sol Go! You look like a blissful fairy in her secret garden. I love it. We cant wait for Sol!!!!!
Post a Comment