Greetings to you from Summer in New England! We have had a wet start, but things seem to be drying out. Maine is beautiful. Sol got munched on by mosquitos and a tick tried to invade his sweet skin, but we got that sucker before he got too attached to our little babe. YUCK... ticks skeeve me out, but I presume they must serve some purpose in some way so I will cut them some slack.
Sol will be ONE year old in one week. He is now walking solidly... he started at about 9 1/2 months and stopped (because we all clapped and cheered so loudly that we freaked him out and he started to cry... oops), but then started again in earnest at about 10 1/2... he gave up holding onto one of our fingers for his speed rounds about a week ago and now "runs" around all by himself quite well. He understands a lot more than we might think and used a little fork tonight to spear a piece of avocado and placed it delicately in his mouth... I was impressed. He says "baw" for BALL, "ka" for FAN, "aak" for SOCK, "chu" for SHOE, "spoo" for SPOON... he knows me as Mama and Alex as Papa or Dada. And o yes, he woofs and pants for dog.
Alex continues to bust his butt on fixing up our place in Maine. It is looking GOOD. He is transforming the Boat Barn into a beautiful, CLEAN, sweet place to be... it was always that, but now it is Sol-friendly, mouse-free and beautiful! We are aware that to most the whole place probably looks a bit scary in it's current very rustic and basic form... but it really is so beautiful. It has heart and we feel that and have vision... so it's beautiful to us. It's home. We will be up there all summer into fall... with some short visits to CT.
Personally, I am well and happy. A little puffier than I would like to be, but hey - I am working on it. Other than that and my deteriorating eyesight (I swear I lost my 20/20 when I turned 20+20... not cool), life is GOOD. Sol brightens our days. He makes us smile wide pretty much all day long. I am SO happy that we got him and he got us. He is a SWEET baby and lots of fun!
Above are some shots from last week in Maine... enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment